As consumers spend more time using the internet and less time with other channels – advertisers are also forced to follow this trend. The ads have to be there where the eyeballs are. Unfortunately, digital marketing is not as simple and straight forward as traditional marketing. Digital Marketing Expert is best done in-house and cannot be outsourced to a digital marketing agency for various practical reasons. This is the reason that digital marketing experts are sought after all over the world right now and the demand for such candidates will only go up in the future.
If you have a marketing background and want to become a Digital marketing expert; you may be wondering which is the best way to go about it. There are several courses on digital marketing which are being offered as workshops, online courses and one-on-one coaching programs.
Applying Digital Marketing on a Small Scale Business
- 1) Choose a topic you are passionate about and start a blog about it. Cost: Approx. $50 per year for domain and hosting.
- 2) Learn a little about SEO and write SEO optimized articles in your blog.
- 3) Install Google Analytics tracking code and see if you are getting some traffic to your blog. Explore Google Analytics.
- 4) Open an Ad words account and do some keywords research to see what people are searching for in Google to find information on the topic you are blogging about.
- 5) Write more articles and publish on your blog.
- 6) Open a Facebook page dedicated to your blog (apart from your personal page) and share the articles on your Facebook page.
- 7) Promote your page with Facebook advertising. Budget for promotion can be as low as $10.
- 8) Implement Facebook like box in your blog.
- 9) Embed social sharing buttons in your blog articles. You can do this using Word Press plugins and it is free.
- 10) Sign up for an email marketing service such as Aweber. Costs $20 per month. Also try MailChimp, Get Response (May Vary as per rule).
- 11) Embed email signup forms in your blog and collect subscribers. Email subscribers whenever you publish something in your blog.
- 12) Promote your Facebook page through email marketing and in turn also get more email subscribers from your Facebook page.
- 13) Promote your blog via Ad words. Get started with very low CPC bids. Most new Ad words accounts get a free $100 credit for promotion. If you don’t get it, call Adwords support and they will give you free credits to get you started.
- 14) Sign up for Google AdSense and deploy advertising codes in your blog.
- 15) Convert your blog into a mobile friendly blog and create mobile ads in Ad words.